Theater Fest

Theater+Fest

Blade Carey, Guest writer

Thirteen theater students from Lincoln-Way West and Lincoln-Way East went to Theater Fest at The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It was an amazing experience for everyone that attended, which offered different workshops for acting, singing, dancing, and the technical aspects of theater (sound, light, stage management, etc.). The theater students were also able to view amazing performances that other high schools brought to the stage. The performances included Carrie, Puffs, Shrek, Spamalot, and Theory of Relativity which Lincoln-Way East brought to Theater Fest. Every single show was breathtaking; it was hard to believe that these performers were only high school students. Tyler Dawson, Patrick Spreadbury (both Lincoln-Way tech directors), Mrs. Ann Kotze (LWE musical director), and Mrs. Constance Johnson (LWW director) were the chaperones for the trip from the respective campuses. Not only did the Lincoln-Way theater students pick up something to bring to their Spring musicals in a few months, but they met new people and made new friends in the process. It was fulfilling experience for everyone involved and the performers from Lincoln-Way West look forward to bringing Addams Family to the stage this April.