Senior Stories

Dominic Sherman

Senior+Stories

Rebekah Hafner

Dominic Sherman is a senior here at West, who is a well-respected athlete involved in NHS, football, and wrestling. I am in the middle of my four years of high school, and I asked Dominic some questions about what to expect for senior year.

When I asked him what his favorite part of senior year is, he said it is definitely the football season and beating Central for the homecoming game. He also said that he is looking forward to going to Iowa for collage after graduation. After graduation, he said he will miss playing football and his teammates. I asked, “What is your most favorite memory at West?” His response was, “Dressing up for back to the 80’s day and beating Central for the homecoming game.” Participating in the spirit days and going to the football games has been a fun experience for me, too. Dominic’s favorite teacher these past few years has been Mr. Nowak because he made a hard class fun and kept the students interested at all times. To me as a sophomore, meeting great teachers is something I always look forward to. The last question I asked Dominic was, “How have you enjoyed your experience at West?” He replied, “I got involved. I tried to be as outgoing as possible. Be nice to everyone and everyone will be nice to you. I made the most of the short time I had here, and I wish I could do it over again.” Getting involved is an amazing way to enjoy these four years at high school. As a student who came into the school year with few friends, I know that having people there with me to share in the experience is important.